Hypertension is a multifactorial pathology, the origin of which cannot be explained by one specific cause. And this complicates the selection of therapeutic measures to influence it. Treatment of hypertension is reduced to maintain optimal stress levels, reduce the patient’s condition and prevent possible complications. The disease can be fought by various methods, and each stage requires a special approach. To achieve maximum effect, the treatment of hypertension should reasonably combine traditional and non-traditional methods, taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient.
What is hypertension
Before you know how to treat hypertension, you need to understand what it is. Hypertension is a disease, the sure sign is an increase in blood pressure. It is considered elevated when the value on the tonometer scale regularly, for a certain time, exceeds the norm, reaches 140/90 and above. Other symptoms occur with further development of the pathological condition. Common symptoms of hypertension include:
- frequent dizziness and weakness;
- nausea, which can turn into vomiting;
- signs of increased stimuli (nervousness, aggression, irritability);
- poor sleep;
- arrhythmias, heart disease;
Arterial hypertension develops when the walls of blood vessels are damaged and lose the ability to relax and contract on their own, adapting to changing conditions. This occurs under the influence of certain factors that cause prolonged stress on the vascular system. The main provoking factor of hypertension is considered to be excessive excitation of the central nervous system, which is caused by strong emotional experiences.
Other factors also play an important role:
- a large amount of salty foods on the menu;
- lack of physical activity;
- body aging;
- severe overwork;
- habit of using cigarettes, alcohol;
- hereditary predisposition to the disease.
To understand how to deal with hypertension, you need to have an idea of its type, stage and degree.
Essential arterial hypertension is diagnosed in most cases. It occurs as an independent pathology under the influence of a set of various factors. When primary hypertension is treated, maintenance drug therapy is prescribed for life, which is combined with optimization of general lifestyle and rhythm of life.
Symptomatic arterial hypertension occurs as a manifestation (symptom) of another disease. Secondary arterial hypertension manifests itself more sharply and brightly, running more severely and faster. To deal with such a pathology, you need to directly influence the cause of its appearance. Often, hypertension can be treated in these cases only with surgery.
Hypertension and its treatment go through various stages in its development. Three stages are distinguished based on the degree of damage to the target organ: the first stage is characterized by the absence of such lesions, the third stage causes an irreversible, life -threatening process. Such a concept as the stage of the disease indicates the degree of increased blood pressure in hypertension. There are also three degrees: at first, the pressure increases slightly and is irregular, the third is distinguished by high, continuous, poorly corrected tonometer readings. The second stage and the second stage can be characterized as transitional.
Modern methods of dealing with pathology
Modern treatment involves traditional, classical treatment methods, which can be supplemented with non -traditional alternative methods. The traditional method is based on drug therapy.
About drug therapy
There is a list of specific medications that fit traditional hypertension treatment standards. All of them are only prescribed by a doctor, taken for life, according to the prescribed regimen and dosage. Unauthorized cancellation or replacement of medication is not permitted. When hypertension develops, treatment should not be stopped, even if stress levels have returned to normal and the person feels well.
Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors.
- They have few side effects.
- They are able to protect the kidneys and heart from possible complications, they can maintain normal pressure for a long time.
- This drug is often used as monotherapy, but can be used in combination with other agents.
- The essence of the action of ACE inhibitors is to prevent the transition of ACE 1 to ACE 2.
- You can start taking antihypertensive medications for hypertension from this group if the hypertension responds well to drug control.
Angiotensin 2 receptor blockers (ARBs)
ARB is a relatively new drug. In the treatment of hypertension, it has been used not so long ago. Distinctive features:
- Modern medicines give fewer adverse reactions.
- Effectively protects internal organs.
- They have good antihypertensive properties.
- Angiotensin 2 under the influence of these drugs can not narrow blood vessels, because the receptors in the ducts that send signals to shrink the vascular wall are blocked.
- They belong to the old generation drug group.
- They are prescribed for persistent arterial hypertension with high blood pressure.
- Suitable for patients with heart problems.
- They have some side effects.
- Medications are usually combined with diuretics.
- There are contraindications to its use (diabetes mellitus, arrhythmias, obstructive processes in the bronchi).
Distinctive features and characteristics:
- They do not allow calcium ions to penetrate into the vessel cells, which reduces the rigidity of the vascular wall.
- The drug dilates blood vessels, increases coronary circulation in hypertension.
- Allows you to control the upper and lower pressure figure levels effectively.
- There are several side effects.
- Tablets have contraindications (narrowing aorta, impaired metabolism).
Otherwise, they are called diuretics. Main characteristics:
- Remove excess fluid from the body.
- Reduces potassium levels in cells.
- May cause dehydration and hypokalemia (potassium deficiency).
- Normalize blood pressure well.
- It is used as a single drug and combined with other drugs.
And now briefly about some alternative treatments for conditions like arterial hypertension.
Such therapy greatly complements the primary treatment of hypertension. Its use makes it possible to reduce the dose of medication taken, and in some cases, allows you to do so without them at all. Physiotherapy benefits:
- improve the condition of blood vessels;
- normalize blood flow in the brain;
- stabilize coronary circulation;
- helps relieve nervous tension.
When hypertension develops, what treatment can be recommended:
- The use of galvanic collars based on a solution of magnesium sulfate and novocaine.
- Use of general darsonvalisation.
- Massage procedure. The effect is on the head and collar.
- Treatment by electrophoresis using bromine.
What disease treatments can be tried?
Iodine is needed to ensure normal oxidative processes that stimulate brain activity. Without it, the normal functioning of the thyroid gland is impossible. These minerals are able to neutralize unstable microbes, which leads to increased mood and decreased irritation. It increases the elasticity of blood vessel walls and has a beneficial effect on blood plasma. Provides energy, helps burn fat deposits, keeps teeth healthy, nails and hair strong and shiny.
Treatment of hypertension with iodine is the so -called "Indian method". How to overcome hypertension with its help? It is necessary to carry out such a course of treatment twice: in early autumn and early spring. The entire course lasts for 20 days. After the first 10 days of treatment, they rested for another 10 days, then continued for the next decade. The essence of the treatment comes to drawing circles with iodine and cotton on certain areas of the body according to certain patterns. Every day a new circle is drawn in a new place.
Treatment with vitamins and minerals
It is believed that for effective treatment of hypertension, you need to take special mineral and vitamin complexes. This method is based on the assumption that one of the main causes of high blood pressure is a lack of magnesium in the blood. Proponents of this method believe that taking magnesium in combination with vitamin B6, as well as elements such as taurine (a natural diuretic), fish oil (a natural source of valuable amino acids), you can strengthen the cardiovascular system and completely abandon the drug.
Low carb diet
How to eliminate the symptoms of hypertensive diet? Fast carbohydrates are a source of excess weight and cholesterol in the blood, it increases the risk of diabetes. These factors have a negative impact on the condition of the ship. By reducing the amount of carbohydrates in the diet with the help of special diets, you can achieve a decrease in blood pressure. Good results can be achieved by combining diet with magnesium intake, as well as with moderate exercise.
In addition to these methods, arterial hypertension can be treated with homeopathy, hirudotherapy, exercise therapy, acupuncture, acupressure, breathing exercises, herbal medicine, yoga.
Principles and standard schemes of complex therapy
There are two approaches to drug therapy for hypertension.
- The clinical recommendations for the treatment of arterial hypertension in this case are as follows: drug exposure should begin with monotherapy. A drug is prescribed in advance. Doses at the same time are offered as minimally as possible under certain circumstances. If the effect is insufficient, the dose is increased gradually. If there are still no results or the drug has unwanted side effects, it is replaced with another. As the most extreme option, monotherapy is replaced with combination treatment.
- The principles of treatment of arterial hypertension are completely different here. Proponents of a different approach are sure that it is advisable to immediately begin treatment not with one, but with several drugs. It is believed that two or more drugs from different groups, combined well with each other, will work more effectively together than separately. Each of them eliminates the adverse reactions caused by the other. In this case, it is possible to reduce the dose of both drugs as much as possible. And the impact will be high. This method of treatment is especially good for patients who are at high risk for complications in the form of heart and blood vessel disease.
For the convenience of patients, combination action drugs began to appear in pharmacies, combining several active ingredients from different drug groups at once. It is easy to take such a tablet (drink one a day), and this is an important advantage.
Effective treatment of hypertension depends on the right combination of medications.
Recommended combination of arterial hypertension drug treatment:
- diuretics in combination with ACE inhibitors;
- ACE inhibitors along with calcium antagonists;
- use of calcium antagonists in conjunction with angiotensin 2 receptor blockers;
- diuretics and calcium antagonists;
- diuretics along with angiotensin 2 receptor blockers;
- beta blockers and diuretics;
- calcium channel blockers along with beta blockers.
Each stage of the disease requires compliance with certain schemes and principles of treatment of hypertension.
First rank (140/90 - 160/100)
How to treat first degree hypertension? In the early stages of the disease, medication is not prescribed. It is recommended to use it only in case of hypertensive crisis, when you need to provide first aid quickly and effectively. The first stage is the simplest, stress can be normalized by maintaining a proper lifestyle. At this stage, you can actively use herbal medicine, massage, exercise therapy, physiotherapy and other non -drug alternative therapy methods.
Hypertension, as a first-stage pathology, does not require the use of medications. They are not used to stabilize stress, but only if necessary to reduce the excitation of the central nervous system, normalize blood flow to the brain, and even affect the underlying disease (if we talk about secondary hypertension).
Second rank (160/100 - 180/110)
In most cases, it involves taking medication. Some patients manage with small doses and monotherapy. For others, you may need to increase the dose or prescribe a combination of medications. Medications are prescribed not only to reduce stress, but also to prevent the development of complications.
Drug therapy is combined with preventive measures, lifestyle optimization and elimination of provoking factors.
Third level (180/110 and above)
Principles of treatment of hypertension at this stage:
- You can’t suddenly reduce stress.
- It is advisable to reduce the tonometer indicator by no more than 15% of the initial figure.
- When the severe stage of the disease is treated, the patient must be prescribed a combination therapy of 2-3 drugs.
- If symptomatic hypertension is detected, then medications are prescribed. affect the root cause of the disease. If necessary, surgical treatment is prescribed.
It is necessary to strive to minimize risk factors, to follow all recommendations for the treatment of hypertension recommended by a doctor. It is important at this stage to monitor the condition of the organs called targets of hypertension: heart, kidneys, brain, eyes, blood vessels.
Kidney disease often causes high blood pressure. Drug treatment of nephrogenic (secondary) arterial hypertension should provide:
- normalization of pressure levels;
- relieving the well -being of the patient, removal of unpleasant symptoms;
- inhibition of the development of renal failure;
- prolong the life of the patient.
Often, medications are used to prepare patients for surgery, or in the postoperative period. Complex treatment is also advised for the elderly and those contraindicated in anesthesia. The most effective and, often, the only measure to combat renal pathology is surgical treatment.
How to treat yourself properly and effectively
You can treat hypertension at home, but it is advisable to discuss all your actions with your doctor so that the treatment is beneficial, not harmful.
There are many effective and safe methods to lower blood pressure offered by traditional medicine. How to treat arterial hypertension without medication?
Take a shower. The use of a hot foot bath well and quickly reduces stress, especially when mustard powder is added to the water.
Garnet. Fruit in hypertension is very useful in itself. But you can be treated with pomegranate skin. They are brewed instead of tea and drunk in unlimited quantities.
Currant. It is useful in any form, especially fresh. You can make compote, drink juice, make jam, it is very tasty and healthy to eat fresh berries, mashed with sugar. It will eliminate the unpleasant symptoms associated with high blood pressure.
Useful vegetables. Arterial hypertension can be treated by eating a variety of vegetables. Bits are useful in any form. Its juice treats atherosclerosis well, lowers blood pressure. "Uniform" baked potatoes contain a lot of potassium, which is good for the heart and blood vessels. It fights stress and strengthens the blood vessels of onions, as well as garlic, you need to eat it every day.
Healing elixir. Ingredients: onion (1 pc. ), Garlic (4 cloves), dried mountain ash (tbsp). Grind all this, pour cold water (1 liter) and cook after boiling for 15 minutes over low heat. After that, pour a pinch of herbs: cudweed, dill, parsley. All this is mixed well and boiled for another 15 minutes.
After cooking, cool and strain. Next, get rid of high blood pressure by taking one and a half tablespoons up to 4 times a day. It is necessary to take the drug before meals, for half an hour. The entire course will take about ten days. After resting for 21 days, again underwent a course of treatment.
Rosehip with honey. Mix one tablespoon of dried rose hips (fruit) in boiling water (500 g), then heat over low heat for 10 minutes. Then cool and drain through gauze. You can take the recommended medicine in any quantity by adding honey (1 tablespoon) into the drink.
Drink mineral water. In mineral water (200 g), add honey (1 tbsp), lemon (juice from half a fruit), stir everything. To overcome hypertension, you need to take the drug before meals in the morning, one glass throughout the week.
Is it possible to get rid of hypertension permanently?
If secondary hypertension is diagnosed, then the fight against it can be quite effective. How to treat arterial hypertension in this case? The cause of the disease is discovered in a timely manner and its elimination will lead to a complete cure for hypertension. Good results give surgical treatment. Patients can avoid serious complications and end high blood pressure once and for all.
In the case of essential (primary) hypertension, complete cure can only be expected in the early stages of disease development. To do this, you need to make a habit of measuring stress regularly, this applies to everyone, even healthy people. Everyone can devote a few minutes to this simple procedure. Timely fluctuations in the indicator can stop the development of hypertension.
How to get rid of hypertension forever? To combat the onset of the disease, you need to reconsider your priorities. It is important to understand that the further development of events depends only on the person himself. What to do to cure the disease:
- time and rest completely;
- protect the nervous system;
- releasing salt almost completely;
- force yourself to walk more often, move more, exercise regularly, or at least do exercise;
- do not sit in front of a computer for long periods of time;
- try to lose weight if the weight has exceeded the allowable limit;
- forget about cigarettes, coffee, alcohol;
- eliminating harmful foods from the diet, especially those that raise cholesterol and affect weight.
Folk remedies will come to the rescue, as well as a variety of drug-free alternative medicine methods. The main thing is not to overdo it with treatment and consult a doctor on how to overcome hypertension as effectively as possible.
Once the disease of hypertension has passed the first stage, you need to follow lifelong treatment and have no futile illusions. How to beat hypertension in its chronic form - no one knows this. Now all one can do in this situation is to learn to control the disease.
When fighting hypertension, we must remember that self-medication without taking the prescribed medication can only do harm. You need to take the pill constantly, even if it seems that your health is in perfect condition. Treatment of hypertension with additional methods can prevent possible complications, reduce the side effects of the drug, and reduce its dose. But one can think about the abolition of drug therapy only in the early stages of the disease, only after the permission of the attending physician.